A new reality for supply chains?
While some countries have begun to regain a sense of normalcy, the societal and economic effects of the Covid-19 pandemic are still disturbing supply chain operations all over the world.
In the food industry, for example, the impacts are felt at both ends of the supply chain. Grocery sales continue to soar, sending foodservice distributors in a race to enable their operations for home delivery before their competitors. Meanwhile, persisting travel restrictions are leaving farmers in the U.S. and Canada short of the necessary workforce to harvest produce in the fields, causing supply shortages and significant fluctuations in the average cost of groceries.
Retail, manufacturing, and distribution businesses in all industries must adapt their operation rapidly if they are to weather the storm and come out ahead. The question is: Just how deep should these supply chain transformations be? If, as some argue, the global landscape of supply chain operations is to be profoundly and permanently transformed once the crisis subsides, more significant capital projects may be warranted. But if the post-Covid reality is not altogether different from the one before the pandemic, less costly solutions that are easy and quick to implement may give an operation the edge over their competitors. Such a strategy will avoid further disruptions in the company’s activities and will maximize ROI in the short-term.
LIDD is here to support you.
Since 2009, LIDD has established itself as a North American leader in supply chain consulting.
LIDD’s Supply Chain Strategy consulting services has helped numerous retail, distribution, and manufacturing companies maintain and optimize their supply chain. Our hands-on experience, multidisciplinary expertise, and ROI-focused approach enables companies to right-size their capital projects for operational and infrastructure transformations that increase productivity, provide the flexibility to explore new sales channels when they arise, and maximize returns short-term and long-term.
Now, you can leverage our knowledge of supply chain best practices to overcome today’s challenges. Reach out for a free consultation and ask one of our experts how LIDD can help you develop the best strategy to mitigate the impacts that Covid-19 is having on your retail, manufacturing, or distribution operation.
How we can help:
- Maintain Safe DC Operations
- Maintaining safe conditions for warehouse workers is of paramount importance. Social distancing and hygiene rules change how your workforce can operate inside a DC. LIDD has innovative solutions to help keep your workers safe and maintain if not improve productivity levels.
- Rapidly Improve eCommerce Fulfillment Capabilities
- LIDD has years of experience designing eCommerce picking operations for companies in various industries, including grocery and meal kits. Our methods and expertise will help rapidly improve your operation’s capacity to fulfill online orders.
- Read about how LIDD managed to help a pet food distributor augment their eCommerce fulfillment capability by 500% in just three days.
- Increase Flexibility in Sales Channels
- With a surge in demand for products related to the crisis (masks, hand sanitizer, etc.), many manufacturers and distributors are seizing the opportunity to open new sales channels. For years, LIDD has been designing supply chains with the objective of optimizing the flexibility of their processes and infrastructure without sacrificing productivity levels. Our expert designers and engineers know how to adapt your operation to open new sales channels and make the best of the current situation.
- Inventory Challenges
- With spikes in demand and rules that are changing daily, it can be hard to predict demand and maintain proper inventory. Put LIDD’s analytical capabilities at work for you: our experts will analyze your data to help you better manage surges in key products.
- Read about the original solution a LIDD I.T. team implemented to rapidly and efficiently help a retail company optimize their replenishment operation and better manage their inventory.
Businesses whose activities have slowed down because of the pandemic can turn the situation to their advantage by putting the time to good use and investing in the continued education of their workforce.
LIDD offers online courses and expert led workshops on DC best practices and all aspects of supply chain management. Our designers, engineers, and technology specialists share their knowledge, experiences, and trade secrets to help companies leverage their current resources to optimize their operation and maximize throughput.
Make the best of the situation: make it an opportunity to learn and to improve your operation’s performance. Find out what courses are currently on offer.