LIDD (LIDD.ca) is a leading supply chain management consulting firm. We design complex warehouses and logistics systems to help companies move goods more efficiently. Our clients are manufacturers, distributors and retailers, including many brand names in food & beverage and consumer goods. From our offices in Montreal, Toronto, Los Angeles and Seoul, we tackle challenging projects in a fun and supportive environment.
What’s your role:
Our BC Senior Developer is expected to act as a counsellor to our customers on the overall IT road map they should pursue, providing a vision of each application’s role and where investments are required by:
- Solutioning technical design of our customers’ requests
- Developing complex enhancements to our existing platforms
- Investigating issues and fixing errors
- Delivering successful implementation projects
- Performance of the distribution application park
- Selecting process for ERP and supply chain oriented software
Day-to-day you will:
- Support the implementation of technologies as part of a new deployment and continuous improvement projects.
- Configure, maintain and support existing installations of our ERP and WMS software solutions.
- Work alongside a team to encode project requirements into computer language.
- Maintain and optimize large existing codebase in a team based environment.
- Review tickets with team members for assessment and resolution
- Use industry standards to make customizations to systems in accordance with best practices.
- Facilitate task assignment and monitoring by application and process within SLA guidelines, as needed.
- Resolve production issues, maintain effective communication with technical leadership/architect, immediate team and management.
- Analyze the source of problems, locating trends, and recommending measures that will minimize or eliminate future occurrences.
- Partner with co-workers to research problems and find solutions; participate in diagnostic procedures.
- Implement, test and correct software solutions.
To qualify for this role, you’ll need:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in development, information technology, supply chain management, industrial engineering, distribution, accounting or related field
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft NAV and / or Business Central
- Experience with business software for operations (ERP, WMS, TMS, MES)
- Deep understanding of various business processes and practices.
- Core understanding of the software development lifecycle and of Quality Assurance techniques using source code control repositories, debugging and testing experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English; French considered as an asset.
- Provide strong leadership to promote and foster technical growth among the junior team members.
Considered a plus:
- Experience in deployment/go-live of large-scale distribution applications
- Knowledge of SQL syntax
- Advanced knowledge of Dynamics NAV, Dynamic Business Central with Web services, XML operations and Integration with Third-Party tools.
- 3-5 years experiences with Microsoft development languages
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- Interest in supply chain management, logistics and distribution operations
- Strong leadership to promote and foster technical growth among the junior colleagues
- Ability to work well under pressure within a team
- Ability to determine project requirements
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously with limited guidance
- Comfort working independently in an ambiguous environment with pressing deadlines
Your salary & benefits:
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Annual bonuses
- Group health and life insurance plans
- Flexible schedule and some remote work
- Training grant and excellent professional development opportunities
- Referral bonuses
- Friendly and fun environment
- Offices with free drinks and snacks
- Company parties and events (when Covid subsides)